September 4, 2010

Honeymoon Day 7: NO PLANS!

On Thursday we had made no plans on purpose.  So much of the trip was full of things we wanted to do on our honeymoon that we felt we needed a down day.  We hung out in the morning, had breakfast, then later on had lunch.  We showered and decided to head out toward Plymouth.  We knew there was a Walmart out there.  My husband wanted to get a sweatshirt (it was chilly at night) and I wanted some comfy flannel PJ pants.  We found nothing at Walmart.  On our way out, we saw a Marshalls so we decided to stop in.  We were there for well over an hour.  I must have tried on at least 40 items of clothes, picking only 2 that I liked (a light purple tank top with ruffle detail that was very flattering, and a pair of MICHAEL KORS white jeans, straight leg.  I never wear white pants, mostly because I can never find any I like!  These fit me like they were made for me!  $100 pants, I got them for $10! Ya baby!)

Oh, I also found 4 pairs of shoes I HAD to have.  A pair of gold flat sandals with a bow; a pair of black chunky heeled open toed shoes with a buckle over the toes "for work"; a pair of black thong heeled sandals with a jeweled black flower over the toes "for work"; a pair of black pointy toed with a buckle low heels "for work".  This last pair of shoes has become my power pair: they are SO comfy and they dress up any outfit the second you put them on.  They are like magic!

While I was trying on clothes, my husband found a guacamole smasher (mortar and pestle) for $12 that we HAD TO HAVE ;)  Also, he found some Goji Juice.  I had never heard of it but looked it up and it's supposed to be very good for you.  It had no price on it but rung up at $8!  I can't believe he made me buy him juice that was $8!

When we left Marshalls, we were starting to get hungry.  I suggested stopping at a sushi place we had seen on the way in.  We had wanted to get sushi in NH, thinking the salmon here would be amazing, so we stopped at Fugiyaki in Plymouth.  There was no sign on the building yet, but the streamers in the parking lot let us know they had just opened.  My husband was reluctant to go in because it was dead.  I assured him it was probably ok, it was just an off-time (4:30).  How many people go out to eat at that time?  Just us, and the two other couples that walked in at the same time.

The place was really pretty inside.  There was a huge crystal chandelier, a waterfall going down one wall, and brand new tables and chairs, nice ones!  This place obviously expected to make some money and I hoped for their sake, they would!

We ordered seaweed salad, which came in a martini glass.  Hubby suggested we get a scorpion bowl, which I had never had (151 rum and juice) and he let the waitress talk us into a Volcano, a scorpion bowl for 2.  It came out with the center on fire, which was full of 151.  Hubby scooped the rum out into the drink.  Another waiter came by and asked us if we wanted the center re-lit since it had seemed to have blown out.  No thanks!

We ordered some rolls and enjoyed our time together, doing the first thing that felt like we were on our honeymoon since we had gotten to NH.

After sushi we came back to camp.  My family was by the water taking pictures of the sunset so we joined them.  Later on I taught hubby how to play Gin Rummey.  I was not happy when he beat me.  Later on we lay on the beach, star gazing.  We saw a few shooting stars, so pretty!





No comments:

Post a Comment