September 14, 2010

Saturday Morning Breakfast Quiche

 Craving something different this morning than my usual weekday breakfast of egg whites and turkey bacon, I got up and created a quiche concoction.  I used a frozen Pillsbury pie crust that I had in the freezer and filled it with a layer of sliced avocado, steamed broccoli (about a cup), half of a chopped onion and four slices of cooked and chopped turkey bacon.  I then scrambled 5 eggs with a half a cup of fat free sour cream, threw in some salt, black pepper, and half a teaspoon dried chives, and dumped the egg mixture on top of the veggies.  On top of that I tossed about a cup of cheddar cheese I had shredded and baked it in the oven for about twenty minutes until a fork inserted in the center came out clean.  Delicious, quick, and easy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment